Members from City, Westminster and Sheffield property associations joined us for our Cities & Culture reception at Two Temple Place. The opening speech was delivered by Martin McKervey (Chairman of Sheffield Property Association), who stressed the importance of events like this to promote collaboration between UK cities. Guests then heard from an expert panel about the role of arts and culture in promoting the economic and social vibrancy of UK cities, and how cultural assets can help create successful communities and places.
- Deirdra Armsby, Director of Place Shaping and Town Planning at Westminster City Council
- Alex Chinneck, artist and designer
- Michael Meadows, Planning Director at British Land
- Kim Streets, Chief Executive of Museums Sheffield
- Craig McWilliam, Chair of Westminster Property Association and Chief Executive Officer of Grosvenor Britain & Ireland
The reception was a joint event by CPA, WPA, S-PA and Museums Sheffield and took place amongst a private view of John Ruskin: The Power of Seeing. A major exhibition to mark the 2019 bicentenary of Ruskin’s birth at London’s Two Temple Place; curated by Museums Sheffield in partnership with Two Temple Place and the Guild of St George.