CPA co-organised the opening seminar of Turner & Townsend’s Real Estate conference on Wednesday morning with over 100 members and guests attending.
Gwyn Richards, Assistant Director (Development Design) at the City of London Corporation, kicked off the seminar with a presentation using 3D images and modelling to show the Corporation’s future vision of the Square Mile, focusing on the key planning and transport proposals.
A panel discussion then debated the key priorities for the Square Mile from a real estate perspective including increasing collaboration between the property industry and the Corporation; how to better enhance the cultural/retail offers of the area; and how to provide better public realm.
- David Ainsworth, CPA President and Chief Executive at CORE (moderator)
- Paul Connolly, Managing Director of Turner & Townsend
- Carolyn Dwyer, Director of the Built Environment at City of London Corporation
- Kate Murphy, Partner at Foster & Partners
- Dan Scanlon, CPA Vice President; Vice President of Development at Brookfield