On Monday 8 October, 200 CPA and WPA NextGen members attended the London Property Alliance evening seminar on industry disruptors.
The event was kindly sponsored by Multiplex and hosted by AXA Real Estate. It gave members the opportunity to see inside Twentytwo before its completion in 2019, when it will be the City’s tallest tower and the largest office building in Europe.
In addition to being a busy networking and drinks reception, the event included a panel discussion that brought together a variety of ‘disruptors’ who are shaking up the sector:
- James Burrage (moderator), Development Manager at Great Portland Estates / Chair of WPA NextGen Steering Group
- Pete Hallett, Chief Technical Officer and Head of Product at District Technologies
- Rajdeep Gahir, Founder of CoCreations and Vivahouse
- Vivienne King, Chair of Real Estate Balance / Chief Executive of Soho Housing
- Aneta Popiel, Transactions & Development at H B Reavis / Vice Chair of CPA NextGen Steering Group
- Federico Selmi, Chief Digital Product Officer at Multiplex
These thought leaders discussed emerging industry trends, the impact on workplace, community and the way we live in London.
As part of the discussion, Vivienne King mentioned Real Estate Balance’s diversity toolkit. It provides practical advice and case studies on how to support gender diversity in property businesses, find out more here.
CPA and WPA’s NextGen initiative is a programme of bespoke events and activities aimed at supporting the next generation of industry leaders. The groups are aimed at helping younger people working in Central London real estate to build professional contacts and industry knowledge.View event pictures here