On Tuesday 11 September, over 60 CPA members gathered at 3 Finsbury Avenue in Broadgate for our breakfast seminar about ‘Fintech: In and Around the City.’ The event was kindly hosted by British Land.
The seminar started with a presentation by Cushman & Wakefield’s Kat Hanna, who explained the key locations and factors influencing the success of London’s business eco-systems that support financial technology businesses.
This was followed by an expert panel of industry and political leaders who discussed the growing number of Fintech businesses in capital, what they are looking for as occupiers of commercial space in the City of London and other key locations, and how property developers are responding to this demand. They also talked through the public realm improvements, digital infrastructure and burgeoning cultural and leisure offer in the City of London, which his helping attract and retain talented workforce required by tech businesses.
The discussion panel comprised:
- Louise Dransfield, Senior Reporter at EG (moderator)
- Kat Hanna, Associate Director for Urban Change at Cushman & Wakefield
- David Lockyer, Head of Broadgate at British Land and CPA Board member
- Maria Scott, CEO of TAINA Technology
- Tom Sleigh, Vice Chair of Policy & Resources Committee at City of London Corporation and UK Country Manager at Deposit Solutions
A copy of Kat Hanna’s report ‘London’s Fintech Ecosystems’ can be downloaded here.