Over 120 NextGen members joined us at Madison’s rooftop terrace to discuss the future of retail in the City. After an opening address by Steve Bennett (Partner at Gardiner & Theobald) there was a presentation by Nicola Sheppy (Marketing & Communications Manager at ONECITY) who talked guests through the City’s increasingly diverse food, drink and retail offers – and how this is promoted to a younger City worker audience through the @onecityldn platforms. View the presentation here.
A panel of industry experts then discussed the role of retail and other out-of-work activities in the City’s business eco-system and what the future of retail and leisure in the City would look like, considering the rise of online shopping and the decline of the British high street.
- David Atcherley-Symes, Retail Leasing Director at Landsec
- Steve Bennett, Partner at Gardiner & Theobald
- Will Brown, Associate Director (London Retail) at CBRE
- Paula Gonzalez, Chair of CPA NextGen Steering Group
- Annabel Lui, founder of Cutter & Squidge bakery at The Royal Exchange
- Nicola Sheppey, Marketing & Communications Manager at ONECITY (presentation and moderator)