We were delighted to welcome CPA members and stakeholders to a winter drinks reception hosted at the stunning new 60 London Wall. 60 London Wall is a newly renovated building with stunning views towards the tower cluster and over Finsbury Circus with over 10 floors totalling to 328,000 square feet. It has been designed with sustainability at its core and has been awarded a BREEAM ‘outstanding’ rating.
Speakers Miranda Monro (LaSalle Investment Management) and Jason Balls (EPR Architects) discussed the importance of design for City occupiers and for the prosperity of the City from this substantial new mixed-use commercial & retail development. They also commented on the increased demand on office spaces and how this has challenged the understanding and expectations of the workplace.
Our keynote speaker Gwyn Richards (Planning and Development Director, City of London Corporation) noted the significant investment and development pipeline in the City, and set out key asks of London’s developers to help deliver sustainable, inclusive and “uplifting” spaces for the City’s workers and visitors.
In his speech, Gwyn Richards noted that:
- There are 2.3m sq ft currently under offer, 117% increase on January 2021
- City vacancy rate at 8% and projected to be close to 5% by 2025
- The City granted over 400,000 sqm floorspace in last 12 months
- Gwyn Richards – Planning and Development Director, City of London Corporation
- Jason Balls – Main Board Director, EPR Architects
- Miranda Monro – Asset Manager – Central London Business Space, LaSalle Investment Management
- Dan Scanlon – Chair, CPA Board; Senior Vice President, Brookfield Properties