On Tuesday 17 July, 80 CPA members gathered in the City Centre to explore the City Corporation’s proposals for the future of roads, streets and public realm in the Eastern City Cluster area.
The event included a panel discussion comprising:
- Pat Brown, Director of Central
- Simon Glynn, Assistant Director (City Public Realm) at the Department of the Built Environment, City of London Corporation
- Shravan Joshi, Member of the Planning & Transportation Committee of City of London Corporation
- Dan Scanlon, CPA Vice President / Vice President of Development at Brookfield
- Rosie Day, Assistant Director of CPA (moderator)
Simon Glynn delivered a presentation (available here) with an overview of the Eastern City Cluster Area Strategy proposals. He explained that the principles behind the strategy had been developed in response to extensive consultation with local stakeholders, who are seeking safer, healthier and more accessible routes for pedestrians and cyclists.
The panel discussion then explored the details of the strategy, as well as the potential opportunities and challenges of implementation.