CPA members and stakeholders were invited to an evening reception hosted by AECOM to discuss the outcomes and actions of COP26 and the role of the property industry in the journey to Net Zero.
Our expert panel delved into the key areas where CPA members are making a real difference, and looked at ways of scaling up initiatives to support a green-led recovery as we emerge from the pandemic. From the circular economy to urban greening; green infrastructure to green finance; biodiversity to BREEAM; our expert panel shared their insights with attendees.
During the session, the audience was asked to fill out a survey from the City of London Corporation emerging ‘Skills for a Sustainable Skyline’ taskforce. The survey and taskforce aim to identify and fill emerging ‘green skills’ gaps within central London’s commercial built environment. We are pleased to announce that CPA Chief Executive, Charles Begley will co-chair the taskforce alongside City of London’s Deputy Chair of Policy, Chris Hayward.
- Panel Chair – Alex Beale, CPA NextGen Chair/Strategy Manager, Landsec
- Richard Whitehead, Managing Director – Buildings + Places, Europe, AECOM
- Piers Blewitt, Head of Planning Strategy and Senior Development Manager, Great Portland Estates
- Sophie Hulm, Head of Skills, Innovation and Growth, City of London Corporation
- Deborah Saunt, Director, DSDHA
View event photos here.