We were delighted to welcome CPA members on Wednesday 9 March to our breakfast seminar on sustainability in the City of London and the latest policy updates.
This breakfast seminar explored sustainability trends in the City of London and the impact of emerging policies on the property industry. During the event, we discussed some of the biggest key planning approvals in the City over the past year and discussed key takeaways on sustainability in planning.
Hosted by Taylor Wessing, the event was attended by expert panellists including:
- Charles Begley, Chief Executive, City Property Association (panel chair)
- Amy Holtz, Director, Head of Sustainability, PLP Architecture
- Kerstin Kane, Principal Planning Officer (Sustainability), City of London Corporation
- Ben Smith, Director, Integrated City Planning and Climate Services Leader UKIMEA, Arup
- Peter Twemlow, Director, DP9
Stretching only a square mile, the City of London faces unique challenges and barriers when it comes to delivering sustainability in its built environment. The panel agreed that more can be done to better align our sustainability ambitions with innovations and regulations. Being a fast-moving area, early engagement and keeping an open mind are also critical.Presentation and photos of the event